Located at the end of the hall on L3, our beautiful babysitting room provides a clean, safe and fun space for your child to play while you enjoy some time to yourself! Take a dip in our 25-meter heated pool
, work out in our state-of-the-art fitness center
, get creative in our art studios
, and much more. To register your child for babysitting, please call 646.505.4467.
Starting May 28, Babysitting Room Hours: 8:30 am-12:30 pm
The Babysitting Room will be CLOSED on the following dates:
|August 19th - September 9th
The babysitting room is located at the end of the hall on the L3 level.
The babysitting room has equipment for children of various ages and stages. Two caring and attentive babysitters will engage your children in age-appropriate activities. Car seats and blankets are welcome.
Babysitting is available for up to 2 hours at a time. On your first visit, you may want to arrive a few minutes early to help get your child acquainted with the babysitters. Speak positively about what your child can do in the room—play with play dough, slide down the slide, cook a pretend meal in the playhouse, climb through a tunnel. Always let your child know when you will return. For example, "Mommy will be back as soon as I am finished swimming in the pool. We'll go out for lunch when I get back."
If you have any questions, our babysitters will be more than happy to help get you acquainted. Call 646.505.4467 for more information.
- Children must be between 3 months and 4 years old. A maximum of 6 children are permitted in the room at one time.
- Children will not be allowed in babysitting if they show cold symptoms or have a fever.
- No food is permitted in babysitting; please feed your children prior to coming to the babysitting room. You may leave a bottle for babies.
- If your child requires a diaper change, please bring your own diapers and wipes in a labeled Ziploc bag.
- No medicine may be given on premises.
- All parents/caregivers must remain on the premises while the child is in babysitting.
- Before leaving their child, parents/caregivers should inform the babysitters where in the JCC they will be.
- Parents/caregivers should leave a cell phone number with the babysitters in case of an emergency.
- $10/hour (members); $12/hour (non-members)
- You will need to purchase a Babysitting punch card in advance. Punch cards are available in the Lobby Box Office. Babysitters are not permitted to accept direct payment. Your punch card will be stamped for every hour you use.
- You must fill out the back of your punch card before leaving your child so that there is proper contact and medical information on file. No other medical forms are necessary.